I've done some blogging here and there, but never was there a better reason to start a blog than the impending arrival of our little Stuffy! We'd gotten a great booklet from the doctor that has some fun diary prompts and then after keeping up with a co-worker's fantastic blog about expecting triplets (thanks for the inspiration, Sam & Abby!) Brad and I thought this would be a good way to keep in touch with our family and friends out there.
The goal is to put at least a few words in each day, or as often as we can so that we can look back and remember all this...fun (that is the word I'm supposed to use, right?) of being pregnant.
So why do we call the baby "Stuffy"? It was our code word when we were talking about starting a family before we were married. We knew if people even heard us say 'baby' we'd get all sorts of reactions. The name "Stuffy" refers to a funny bit in one of the books Heather used in a kindergarten program from work : if you're really curious, click here. We'd been planning for Stuffy long before the wedding, figuring it would take a while after we got married for a positive sign to appear. Little did we know that "a while" was actually only 2 months!
We're excited, thrilled, anxious and all of the things soon-to-be parents are. We're officially 14 weeks, 5 days today and looking forward to our due date of July 7th, 2009.
So with that, here we go!
Today's question from the diary book:
Q. When did you think you might be pregnant?
A. I was charting my morning temps via a book we bought, at the very end of the famous 2 week wait (the time between ovulation and enough hormones produced by the possible baby) was also the same day Christy and I were headed to Louisville on a girls trip. I went to bed the night before I tested, noticed that my arms and chest were super veiny. Thought that was a good sign (at least according to the book, it was). The next morning the digital test agreed!
Nara
14 years ago
I think this is a fabulous and fun idea--I look forward to meeting Lil' Stuffy in six short months! Jennifer
ReplyDelete