Monday, January 12, 2009

All out of sorts

I've been so grateful the past week or so because it seemed like I was finally rounding the corner on all the not-so-fun parts of early pregnancy...the nausea, exhaustion, etc. The biggest complaint lately has been a return of some doozy headaches here and there, but most of them occur at the end of the work day - not terribly pregnancy-specific.

However, I woke up this morning feeling like that commercial with the person walking around with the giant teddy bear head that says "feeling stuffed"? I told my boss that it felt like my head was stuffed with cotton, that was the best analogy I could think of because describing myself as a big teddy bear head at 7am to my supervisor didn't seem smart. I craved Ecedrin. I actually craved a medicine, mostly, I'm sure because I can't take it. Then, just when I got comfortable and ready for a pain-reducing nap...15 minutes later, Mazy reminded me that I need not worry about the fear of raising a future toddler - she's given me 10 strong years of practice for that! She's now fascinated with getting into the cat's space to score some nibbles of cat food.

After 5pm I called Brad in what must have sounded like the most pitiful, whiny conversation and when he asked if there was anything that I wanted to make me feel better, the only answer I could think of was "cheeseburgers". Ah, the cheeseburger, better than Ecedrin any day!

Wednesday's our next doctor appointment and when they begin all genetic testing and such. I'm mostly looking forward to hearing the heartbeat again- I love that sound! As an awesome substitute, thanks to Aunt Toni, we can hear the kicking sounds of Stuffy via a baby listener thing with headphones she sent us. Best way to describe it is it sounds like a timpani drum being played with absolutely no rhythm (for those of you who have seen me and or Brad dance, that's no surprise that our offspring would inherit that trait).

Here's to a clear head / no headache day tomorrow!! Oh! PS - as of tomorrow we'll be 15 weeks, which places us at the Kit-Kat chocolate bar size or an apple, depending on your preference!

No comments:

Post a Comment