Soooo.... baby doesn't share my enthusiasm for a nice glass of milk in the a.m.! We think we've pin-pointed that as the culprit for the most recent morning sickness triggers. Granted, I've been cutting back on the morning milk consumption, but someone brought me a giant Entenmann's cheese danish Sunday morning and yesterday, I was so blinded by the possibility of eating it straight out of the box, it didn't even occur to me to have anything else to drink besides milk. Can you blame me?
Well, Stuffy could, because within 15 minutes I said so long to the danish and milk that I had just eaten. Hmph. This kid is already calling the shots!
That was yesterday...today, I assert my motherly rights to eat what I want and dared the child to reject some yogurt and pop tart. One hour later, I have won this battle. However, I know it's not over yet...I know better (Stuffy is, after all, a combination of two of the most stubborn people ever!)
My saddest news on the food front is that the pickled sausages my parents worked so hard to bring from Tennessee at Thanksgiving are now utterly disgusting to me. How can this be? Can a child of mine truly not like this food only found in the south and next to the beer aisle? Say it isn't so! I've been rationing the three jars mom and dad brought, since I had scarfed down a jar and some change in the week after turkey day... maybe I waited too long? I was excited to have one with lunch on the weekend--- I didn't even get to swallow it before I had to eject it out of my mouth and into the sink. Now, I know some of you are thinking "it's about time you realized those things are gross"... and I know you only say that because you're not true southerners, so I forgive you.
Sorry, mom & dad...looks like we've got our work cut out for us to introduce some down-home food to this kiddo. I can't make any promises on taking part in any pintos and onions, though! :)
Nara
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment