This weekend is already coming to an end and it feels like we just got started. This was a carb-loaded weekend for us...but in moderation! It all started with a new breakfast place we found Saturday morning called Brunchies -- YUM! Someone described it as a Waffle House, but friendlier and cleaner. I'd have to agree. It was super delish. Then, on a whim we decided to get cupcake mix at the store and oh darn, we now have cupcakes. We just finished making our famous (in this apartment, at least) spaghetti and meatballs and as a shout out to my late, great Aunt Nell - some homemade yeast rolls. I have to wonder though, what she'd think about the invention of bread makers and if they're cheating just a little? Either way, I'm pretty sure she'd be tickled that I think of her every time I make them now.
Our big adventure this weekend was Friday afternoon going to Cincinnati to buy our first Craigslist purchase. Stuffy is now equipped with a stroller and car seat. Not just any stroller-car seat...one that would have cost us about $350 at Babies r Us, but we paid HALF that price. Oh yeah, we saved half! More money to put towards freakishly expensive cribs! Those things are priced as if they're made out of gold...that is, the ones that aren't likely to be recalled or cause your baby's head or limb to get caught between the bars. Those of you who know us know that a child of ours is bound to be that kid at some point who can't resist the urge to see if it's head will really fit between those tempting spaces. Heck, Brad and I stand in the store thinking if we could fit ours in there!
Other than that, I'm just marveling at the fact that I look so very pregnant but haven't really gained tons of weight. Let's hope that stays true...then again, when tasty, fluffy cupcakes are floating around the house my chances do go down, right?
The ultrasound countdown has begun - two weeks from tomorrow, we'll get to see the next photos of Stuffy!!! Hooray!
Have a great week everyone!
Nara
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment