Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wow! Time flies!

Sorry for the big lag in posts...you'd think we had a long weekend or something! We must say we're super proud of ourselves from this past weekend, more work was done to turn the former "purple room" into a future nursery. This weekend's big task was putting everything that we had dumped out of the room for painting back into a proper place and clearing out about 6 years worth of papers that I had thought I had done a good job of filing. 6+ bags of shredding later...
The big 'whoa' moment this Sunday was seeing how BIG my tummy is getting-- Stuffy had a growth spurt! Thank you to my fabulous mom who thought enough ahead at Thanksgiving to graciously buy me some maternity pants with nifty adjustable elastic in the waistband. I had to move the button out one spot yesterday. Finally, I'm kinda excited about needing bigger pants. Today also marks the first day of getting oodles of comments at work that sound something like this: "Oh! You're starting to show!" I'm not minding it so much now, but hopefully it won't turn into "Oh! Are you having quadruplets, or one giant-sized baby?"

Fingers crossed, Brad and I may have found a great deal on a stroller/car seat combo on Craigslist. We've test drove and researched the one we want and it just so happens that a family in Cincinnati has a gently used one that would save us about $150! If they don't sell it before Friday, we're making a road trip (which, oh darn, would include a stop at the new IKEA!)

Hey-- here's a shout out to Michele Borst, who you all know is now habitating in Italy and who has recently taught me that although it may sound glamorous...it's not. We were happy to hear from Michele that they have a house and are getting settled, and more importantly can now communicate with the rest of us. I miss you very, very much Michele and just to cheer you up, thought these pictures would make us all smile and show a glimpse to everyone else of why we're still friends after all these years (almost 15 years now!!) and examples of how fun your kids are!






That's all for now, I'm off to figure out where to get a cheeseburger for dinner (yes, the baby needs one!)


No comments:

Post a Comment