Sunday, February 1, 2009

Apple pie caught my eye!

Not only did the idea of "needing" an apple pie come into my mind...I decided to do something about it. I made the apple pie you see below, entirely from scratch. Oh yeah, I said from scratch - even the crust. Holla at ya pregnant, baking girl!






What I really wanted was apples and marshmallows.... Go figure, I found a recipe at Allrecipes.com that was an apple pie topped with marshmallows. The crust recipe I found was the pie crust equivalent of a sugar cookie. When this baby wants sweets--it wants SWEETS! Even Brad liked the pie and he's not an apple pie guy.


This weekend was also a huge success because of Saturday's Once Upon a Child sale. (this is a second-hand kids clothes store) we found out last week that they were having a $15 all-you-can-fit-in-the-bag sale. Nothing like saving money and a pseudo challenge/ competition. Brad and I went with the strategy that he would be the muscle, if needed - though I was ready to throw some elbows if necessary. We'd been warned that it could get crowded and fierce. We got there in line about 10 minutes before they opened, started in on the first rounders we saw for "neutral" baby stuff. About 30 minutes later, thanks to Brad's tight rolling of tiny clothes in a pink plastic shopping bag, we walked out with 27 items--that would have been $117.00 if we'd paid the clearance price....for $15!!!!!! We were proud at another bargain for baby.


After all that competitive shopping, we spent the rest of the weekend milling about and resting in the apartment. Tomorrow we're looking at a house after work-- something that if it worked out would be a great find...but since we're not in a rush, there's no harm in looking and seeing what happens. And, we go to a maternity expo tomorrow night. Hopefully we'll get an idea of who could be Stuffy's future pediatrician and get some freebies!


I'm off for some more pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment