Sunday, February 8, 2009

This week, baby wanted ice cream and a house!

Yep, Stuffy was craving some vanilla ice cream this week, and oddly enough wanted a house. So, we did what any good parent does, we got the baby whatever it wanted and we went to the store to buy the ice cream and as of Saturday, we signed a agreement letter for a new house!!!!!

Here it is:

You can go to this website and see more pictures: http://c21scheetz.com/homesearch.htm?scope=ALL&id=34383804&action=detail

Of course, we are so excited to be moving into our first house and the next month (until closing) will be a hectic one while we go through our first buying experience (the paper work already is crazy!)

In other news since last week, I've been on the end of the "odd things people say and do when you're pregnant". I'm boggled by people who just randomly try to (and sometimes succeed)touch my stomach. Seriously? And, for those who know me well know there is a hula hoop size "personal space" force field around me that has been in place since I was a kid. I just stare in amazement and do my very best to keep myself from reaching over and rubbing the offender's (non-pregnant) belly and making many sarcastic comments. The other strange thing is people who are evidently former employees of the Psychic Network, because they enjoy making random statements about the gender and appearance of Stuffy. Like this stranger who just stared at my belly and looks at me and just says " Boy. Brown Hair." she repeated the three words about 4 times until I realized she was "prophecizing" about the baby. And, again, those of you who know me will not be surprised that I was 1 second away from saying "Girl. Blonde Hair." Unfortunately this conversation rolled into this same fortune teller letting me know that at least I'm as far along as I am because this is the month that I can buy things because the baby could die any time.

Seriously???????????? Who says this to someone who is as obviously with child as I am? (um..check out the belly pictures to see the beach ball that has lodged itself in my abdomen...4 more months and Brad's going to start selling ad space on my belly for extra money!)

My other vent from last week? People who do one or both of the following...and if you are one of the people who have done this already, I probably should apologize for complaining, but the truth is I'm cringing on the inside when it happens. 1. Being called "Little Mama" I am neither little or anyone's "mama" who is able to verbally express it yet. It's weird and somehow skews with the fact that when I was little I called my mom "momma" (I'm from Tennessee, so yes, I said y'all and momma a lot). It's a name that just seems to make the person saying it laugh to themselves and I don't get the joke.

2. People who have taken "ownership" of our child who have absolutely no family-friend connection. For instance...people who introduce conversations by critiquing what I'm eating because I need to take care of "our" baby...or "How is my grandbaby doing today"....Um, the last time I checked the only 3 people who have ANY right to say that sentence are 2 & 7 hours away and they have been on incredibly good behavior when I know that all they want to do is be nearer to us and share in every moment. I've always been a little quick to judge when people step over those "I know you" lines when they really don't...and I'll tell you what, this baby is making me crazy protective lately! The last person to exclaim concern over me traveling to work because of the weather possible harming "our baby" caused me to slam my hand on a table and the words "It's NOT..." actually came out of my mouth before my filter kicked in and I just stopped. The person didn't even notice I was about to finish what probably would have hurt their feelings. However, other people's feelings aside...I'm starting to feel like the people who make these comments aren't considering our feelings and honestly (even though they wouldn't know it) sort of rubs in the fact that all of our blood relatives are not near us.

That's when we're grateful for friends who are indeed family (shout out to the O'Grady, Davis, Shepherd and Noffze houses) and technology that lets us call Chattanooga, Winamac, Lafayette, Atlanta, Italy and others so we can feel connected. And, thank GOODNESS there are all sorts of crazy-good friends at work who help balance out those that make us want to spit nails.

Wow. I needed to vent! And, what I need now is another cup of ice cream and more staring at pictures of the new house!!!!

Oh, yeah...we find out if it's a boy or girl tomorrow morning, so tomorrow's blog post should be a good one!!!! Later everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment