Last night, Brad and I had a chance to initiate ourselves into the world of newborns. Our friend from work, Sam and his wife Abby were kind enough to welcome us into their home and help out (although I think we got more help than we gave) with their new triplets. What did we learn?
1. Triplets are cute.
2. 6 pound babies are tiny, especially in Brad's arms.
3. Brad can change a diaper and feed -burp a baby very well.
4. Babies squirm and squeak and then squeak and squirm.
5. Dogs like babies and wish they could have their own Boppy Pillow. (we'll consider that for Mazy - it'd have to be a VERY LARGE one, though!)
6. Dr. Brown bottles may not be so great after all.
7. Something called a sleep sack could be one of the coolest things ever. (Do they make those in adult sizes?)
8. Babies fall asleep while eating. Just when you think they're done....NO!
9. Burping is an art form.
10. We hope we are as laid back and relaxed with our 1 baby as Sam and Abby are with their 3!
Sam & Abby - you guys rock! Thank you so much for letting us come and take a test drive with your munchkins. Whether you feel this way or not, your easy-going attitude and the fact that you genuinely seem to enjoy this crazy early part of babydom gives us huge hope that we'll feel the same way when it's our turn.
To Sam, from Brad : I got the impression that perhaps good fathering skills come with the beard...I think I'll keep mine for a while longer! I've been getting flack for mine because according to some, babies don't like it...I think not!
To Abby, from Heather: If I start dreaming about fruit, I'm blaming you.
To Milo, from Mazy (the pups): Sooo...this guy who came to prep you for the baby....did he respond well to belly-showing or should I play it tough?
To the triplets, from Brad & Heather: We SO know you guys were putting on a good show last night with your quiet, occasional squeaks and non-poopy diapers. Brad in particular appreciated his first go-around being an "easy" one. However, we're not fooled. Take it easy on your mom and dad, especially during those early am feedings! Keep up the good weight gain!
Nara
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment