Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ode to Hot Water

Oh, hot water, how we miss you.
Did we take you for granted? Yes, it's true.
With pits so stinky from work and from play
all we want now is a shower at the end of our day.
But No! We can not, the water heater is kaput.
We just sit here waiting to hear the UPS man afoot.
Hot water, hot water, we do miss you so.
According to our sources, only one more day to go!


It's that bad that I'm writing poetry about missing hot water. Seriously. Word via UPS Tracking says tomorrow delivery of the golden gas valve...here's hoping. We're officially at one week today without the steamy goodness of the left side of the faucets.

On a whole different topic, and likely worthy of another poem, but I won't because it'll just embarrass him... The last post by Brad included his shout out to me. Don't let the boy fool you - HE'S been the wonderful one! How lucky am I that I have a husband that takes such wonderful care of me? He always has, but he's gone into hyperdrive since finding out we're expecting. Honestly, I can count on one hand the number of times I've done the dishes or laundry since November. He's actually more in-tune with my stress and activity levels than I am...always making sure I'm not over doing it, giving me water to drink and reminding me to let things go. Every expecting mom should have a man so wonderful by her side during this roller coaster!! The best part of it all? He does all that great care-giving while making me smile and laugh. I love him and am so proud of him...I'm proud to be his wife and am so excited to see him be the amazing dad I know he'll be.

Stuffy is growing--by looking at my belly, I'd guess that I was growing a literal butter ball in there! We need to pick up the picture taking again soon, we've fallen off the wagon with the house and all the "pride of home ownership moments". We'll do our best to show off the boy in the belly as soon as possible- Doc says he's looking and sounding great as of Monday. I'm feeling MUCH better than last week and am quickly outgrowing pants these days...eek!

Go have a great day and don't take your hot water for granted! :)

1 comment: