Thursday, March 26, 2009

The woe's of home ownership!

Alright...yes we've been slackin yet again on the blogs...but you'll have to give us some credit as we've had A LOT going on lately. It involves one of us being at home every day this week. Yes that is really awesome when we're trying to keep as much time as we can for babydom - NOT.
But first, it's time to give my lovely wife a whole lot of praise! She has been very patient and keeping a great attitude as we travel through another journey in our life. This has not been very easy for us both as it's been A LOT to handle, but she has been incredible. Only having one day as a slightly rough day since Saturday is pretty good for anyone, let alone a pregnant one. She has been very good at taking it easy and knowing her new limits, although very tough for her, she has been amazing! So I'd like to give a little shout out to her because she is beautiful, caring, loveable and of course...clever! So a huge THANK YOU to my lovely wife!


Now...Moving day went very well, thanks to all who helped, it was much appreciated! Had everything loaded into the Uhaul in about an hour, which was pretty sweet. All while that was going on, Heather and her parents are at the house watching our Comcast guy fall half way through our ceiling! Yes I said it...he fell through our ceiling in our hallway, just as you walk through the door. But that did not stop us, after walking in and seeing the 7-8 foot hole in our ceiling, we went ahead and moved everything into our house and had the truck back to UHaul by 12:30.

Now let's skip onto...Tuesday I believe...or Wednesday, I don't know; all the days this week are running together now! Let's see what could go wrong, lets pick the....water heater! Yes yes, the water heater means no hot water and of course means a nice luke warm shower? Oh no, a nice freezing cold shower is more like it. The best part is about working with contractors is that we have NO CLUE when they're coming to fix anything, not a problem for people who are able to stay at home huh!

So let's get onto some good things that happened this week! The renter we have been talking with through Craigslist has been approved and is saving us LOTS of money! Thanks to everyone again for helping out with the move and everything this past weekend. A shout out to Lanny for fixing so many things this weekend that we can't even list them all, 1 that sticks out is the fantastic job on the patio door lock! A thanks to my brother for coming up on Friday and finishing painting the kitchen, as I took the 2nd coat, I can understand why he was hating me as I gave him all the tough spots (behind the stove, between cabinet, etc), so thanks! Thanks and more thanks to Marlene & Jim, Christy, Ryan and Betsy for being awesome friends & family. And a final thanks to Emily (our realtor) for getting us into this beautiful house! Through all the crap that we dealt with, you stuck with us and have been amazing to us.

Alright, I think that's about it for now, so hopefully...I'll get some pictures posted for everyone soon.

Later! Think happy thoughts about getting the water heater fixed!!!!!!!!!

1 comment: