Thursday, March 12, 2009

The way I am...it's genetic.

See those happy, smiling people? That's me and my parents. I thought it'd be a nice reference of our smiling faces and provide context to what lies just beneath the surface when triggered. Oh, I know it appears that we're all extraordinarily happy folks-- and we genuinely are. But, those genes come with an asterisk * that should read something like this: " Danger! Happy, smiling face will be replaced with someone you don't want to mess with if triggered." Think Incredible Hulk but without the transformation into a green, muscle monster.

Not that I reached my absolute meltdown point this morning, but I got close. I'm sure it wasn't helped by the fact that I had just consumed a gigantic amount of sweet tea. Happy, smiling Heather was replaced by "Don't you dare mess with me right now-Hulk Heather" in the matter of one phone call. In a nutshell, it had to do with the house closing that's scheduled for tomorrow at noon and finding out that some "loose ends" hadn't been as quite tied up as we thought. They were also attached to us possibly paying about $2000 more than expected.

Hello, blood pressure, meet caffeine. Caffeine and blood pressure, meet angry pregnant lady!

I think I went on about 3 separate tirades to the involved parties. The good news is that by lunch time we got news that dropped my attitude from Hulk back to Heather and that $2000 is no longer an issue. Oy!

It just made me laugh a little to myself when I think about how I react to those "don't mess with me" moments, especially in relation to where on Earth I could possibly have picked up such habits. Someday, if you have the chance, ask my dad about the guy he made nervous at the hardware store and ask mom about the mall parking lot incident. Then, you should get a good idea of where my blend of crazy-eyed, yet scary-rational anger comes from!

Now...take all that and add it to Brad's genes, we're bound to have a crazy-eyed, rational, stubborn, red-faced hulk baby instead of the kind that turns green! :)

1 comment:

  1. Aaah, the moments that make a parent proud. Keep on a smiling! Keep the blood pressure, sugar and caffeine in check. ---Dad

    ReplyDelete